Just because you're not going to use it....


Over the last couple of days I've seen comments posted on various blogs by people about "how it's not fair that a lot of people take advantage of companies that offer free samples by requesting more than one" or "how unfair it was for a coupon to be posted and all of the prints are already gone". I'm sure these comments were made because the person commenting DIDN'T get the free offer or to print the coupon and they're just mad but then another comment caught my eye. She said, "It may be free and I'm going to the store anyways but I wouldn't use it so why bother?" There's nothing wrong with that but I look at it in a totally different way. Even if I'm not going to use something someone else will, it's free, and I'll get it to give away instead. Plenty of homeless shelters, food banks, churches, etc. always need donations and for that it's worth the bother to cut the coupon and get the free item. Other than rambling on and on about it let me get to the point here. My friend Michell added a new post to her blog Thoughts and Ideas about what she's doing with her freebies. Check it out and then ask yourself if it's worth the bother to pick up a free item at the store or if filling out that online request form is still a waste. Just because it's not worth something to you doesn't mean it wouldn't help out someone else.

1 comments:

Michell @ Girl In Air said...

YES YES YES!!! Thank you..
I sign up for FREE SAMPLES to try out new products and to donate to other causes. I don't have the means to write out a BIG check to a chairity and as a busy mom I don't have the time to donate hours..So my way of giving back is for just a few mintues out of my day I can sign up for free samples and start a care package.......
I think I need to add this statement to my post:)
Thank you so much for sharing my post:)

Post a Comment